Thursday finally arrived and the plan was to leave at about 3pm, at 7:30am however I get a call saying that the RV broke down while driving it from the house to where it was going to be parked so I could pack it up. It was taken to a shop in hopes that it would get repaired that day but nothing was certain and did we still want to take the RV on a almost 4000mile trip just after it had broken down? I had to figure things out and do it quick. What about renting an RV, well that is really expensive. I can't fly to the race because I have 3 other peoples bikes with me that I am supposed to bring out which also leaves out not going. So my options are to see if the RV can be repaired and we head out or I jump in my own car with everything and go. As the day goes on and we learn a little bit about what is going on with the RV, I figure out that driving myself is my only option. I load everything up in my car and head off toward the greatest parents in the world. I arranged to swap cars with my parents and use their Suburban to travel to Vegas then Waco then back to the Springs.
|Bedding down for the night in Kayenta|
|The wait for the blast Photo: Nils Nilsen|
|Rolling the Wash Photo: Nils Nilsen|
|One of the few climbs Photo: Nils Nilsen|
|Getting my hydration in Photo: Nils Nilsen|